About Me

My photo
I finally made the decision to go to Africa for 6 months.. at the time I was happily married and I had a great job doing business development for a great staffing firm. Everything was stable and good. Now I've returned to Toronto... My husband and I have split up, he's moved out and I'm single after being together for almost 10 years and I'm navigating my way back into my old job... and I thought it would be interesting to take everyone along in the new adventure.. if you're interested in reading more about my trip you can see that blog at myvsoadventure.blogspot.com.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Media

So at the beginning of last week I sent an email to the Thornhill Post, North York Mirror and Thornhill Liberal. The liberal got back to me that they wanted to do a story. So yesterday Dustin, the reporter and I spent 30 minutes or so talking about why I'm doing this and what I hope to get out of it. He said they'll be putting the story in within the next few weeks but he'll let me know when. All I asked is that he put my blog address in the article. He said yes but we'll see!
In the meantime yesterday I got my tentative itinerary and my departure date is November 13th returning May 15th. I still haven't been accepted by the employer so I'm still being driven crazy by the thought that this might all be for nothing and we'll have to begin again with another placement. I feel sort of committed to Zambia and to Siavonga because of how much research I've done into going there. Keep your fingers crossed that it will work out okay!
that's it for now!

1 comment:

  1. Wendy - I am so excited for you! It must be hard with the waiting on the unknown, but I am sure it will all fall into place...

    Karyn

    ReplyDelete