About Me

My photo
I finally made the decision to go to Africa for 6 months.. at the time I was happily married and I had a great job doing business development for a great staffing firm. Everything was stable and good. Now I've returned to Toronto... My husband and I have split up, he's moved out and I'm single after being together for almost 10 years and I'm navigating my way back into my old job... and I thought it would be interesting to take everyone along in the new adventure.. if you're interested in reading more about my trip you can see that blog at myvsoadventure.blogspot.com.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

No one does it better than my husband

Over the last several weeks when I reflect on what this experience has brought to me so far.. I keep going back to the fact that if it weren't for my amazing husband I could not have easily been here. It's been tough on him, I think it's always more difficult for the person staying behind. 
He never complains or makes me feel guilty for being selfish enough to leave him for 6 months.. and although he doesn't realize it he has given me the most beautiful gift..to follow my heart and to live out a dream, to make a choice to be selfish because it was just that important.
So I just want to say it publicly like I do privately I have the best husband in the world.
This experience is enriching me in so many ways.. and teaching me things I never thought I would learn and I owe it all to my husband.. thanks Puppy for letting me go. My heart is always with you no matter how far away I am physically.

No comments:

Post a Comment