About Me

My photo
I finally made the decision to go to Africa for 6 months.. at the time I was happily married and I had a great job doing business development for a great staffing firm. Everything was stable and good. Now I've returned to Toronto... My husband and I have split up, he's moved out and I'm single after being together for almost 10 years and I'm navigating my way back into my old job... and I thought it would be interesting to take everyone along in the new adventure.. if you're interested in reading more about my trip you can see that blog at myvsoadventure.blogspot.com.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Holiday Trip is booked

I have to say I have never been more excited to travel before. We are leaving Siavonga Saturday or Sunday December 18th or 19th. We'll stay in the Capital of Zambia (Lusaka) for 2 days and then we'll take a 7 hour bus trip to Livingstone to stay at Jollyboys backpackers.. for $12.00 US a night you get a room with 4 beds and a private bathroom. Each of us gets a bed, with mosquito net and a bathroom with hot water!
After being in livingstone for 6 nights we'll decide if we are going to make the trip to Botswana. We'll be having Christmas dinner at 1 of the volunteers houses in Livingstone.. I don't usually celebrate christmas as you all know but it will be fun to have "family" time with the other volunteers.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!Sounds like such a blast!!Travelling is the best!!Memories to last a lifetime!!
    How are the working conditions there for you?Enjoying it?
    How is the food?Any unusual delicacies?
    How are the living conditions for the people that live there?Just curious....
    Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete