About Me

My photo
I finally made the decision to go to Africa for 6 months.. at the time I was happily married and I had a great job doing business development for a great staffing firm. Everything was stable and good. Now I've returned to Toronto... My husband and I have split up, he's moved out and I'm single after being together for almost 10 years and I'm navigating my way back into my old job... and I thought it would be interesting to take everyone along in the new adventure.. if you're interested in reading more about my trip you can see that blog at myvsoadventure.blogspot.com.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Hi From Zambia

I arrived this morning.. with the first ever cardinal of Zambia. he was just ordained in Rome this week! So we had tons of press and lots of welcomers at the airport I felt famous.
Although for the last 2 days I've been crying non stop.. now that I'm finally here I've stopped. I still don't know how I'll live without my husband for 6 months but I'm trying not to cry about it anymore.

I did see the toilet first hand.. and it's a real one with a flusher and all. (I'm staying in a hotel tonite while in the capital) I also found out that Siavonga is one of the hotter places in Zambia so I do have a pool.. for real! I also have a roommate named Joi belle. Can't wait to meet her tomorrow. I'll be in the capital for training today and tomorrow and then off to Siavonga and I start work on Monday.

It's crazy culture shock but somehow I feel like I belong.. it's a really strange feeling.. but the adventure has definitely begun.
So stay tuned.. I have a SIM Card for my cell and I'm up and running.. and tomorrow we'll see what will be with internet connectivity. For the next 2 days I'll have connectivity from the program office! I'll post pics soon.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy
    Glad to hear you made it safe and sound. Have a great weekend. we miss u
    Reesa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lady... glad to hear you made it and the toilet is a reality! Where is your roomate from? Her name is really Joi Belle??? You will have to let us know if she is really happy and pretty!!!!
    Have a great time... talk soon!

    ReplyDelete