About Me

My photo
I finally made the decision to go to Africa for 6 months.. at the time I was happily married and I had a great job doing business development for a great staffing firm. Everything was stable and good. Now I've returned to Toronto... My husband and I have split up, he's moved out and I'm single after being together for almost 10 years and I'm navigating my way back into my old job... and I thought it would be interesting to take everyone along in the new adventure.. if you're interested in reading more about my trip you can see that blog at myvsoadventure.blogspot.com.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

planning and packing

Training Class Oct 29- Nov 2 2010
Training finished last week and it was fantastic.. truly much more than I ever anticipated... I thought we would learn what not to do while in country, but instead it was like giving us the keys to uncode our new cultural reality.
I'm 6 days away from departure... this was a big weekend. We had a great dinner on Saturday night with close friends to say good bye.  This weekend I focused on getting packed up and ready to go.. I'm 80% of the way there. Just a few more things to put into my bag and 1 fight with Manulife to overcome and I'll be cleared for departure. I am in the process of unlocking my old cell phone so I'll have a phone to bring with me to get me started. I wanted to say hi to all my class mates who were all outstanding! Safe travels to all..
I'm so excited to get there but I'm having some trouble sleeping through the night at this point, partially out of nerves and partically out of excitement. I'm spending my final Friday with my husband just me and him for the day... This week is full of seeing friends who couldn't make it to the dinner.. I look forward to saying goodbye slowly.. Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Wendy,
    I just found your blog! Good luck! I look forward to hearing about your adventures!
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. how exciting!

    (i had my skwid training at the end of august/early september & had the same trainers as you! they're great)

    ReplyDelete